Saturday, August 18, 2012

Take a Walk in My Shoes

Hello, yes it's me the girl that wears floral boots and saddle made keds with sharpie, the girl whose highest heel is 2 inches, until now. I bought my first pair of high heels that takes a hideous amount of balance just to stand in. Five and a half inches, ladies! I am now 5'10" when I wobble down the street. This purchase is one of many "new Elektra" items that I am adding to my closet, my girlie side if you will. Pink lace peter pan collared top, bright mint flowey chiffon midi skirt, and various other items such as hair bows and basics from American Apparel have been the tender new apples of my eye candy. And then there were these.


My peep toe ankle strapped tan platform heels, my item I have been waiting for since I first laid eyes on Cher Horowitz, the item that I was waiting to prove to my dad that they were worth buying because "even if I don't know how to walk in them now, I'll learn". And I am learning, but I feel like my friends are reacting to this change of my mine. No not feel like, they are. Some good , some bad, some I have no idea but "okay"is my response.

My boyfriend doesn't like them because I'm taller than he is, but he likes that my city walk of 5 mph has slowed down. Another friend of mine told me he didn't care and it's awesome that I want to embrace my girlie side, which was cool. He even went to the bar with me to play pool and hardly noticed until he was drunk enough to realize I was now taller than him as well. My other good friend laughed when she saw me "You're wearing pink! And , oh my god! Look at those shoes!!". I took this as a compliment as it should have been coming from her.

But some other responses I can just feel, when someone keeps looking down with this look of "how are you walking in those? Why even bother?" But then again this is the same girl I got drunk with and watched Britney and Beyonce videos with. And I was like "That's why I bother". Cause I just like it, and I think that's the best way to describe and (hopefully I don't have to) defend the way I would like to dress myself.

I'm sorry, I'm a little over finding clothes on the ground and trying to piece them all together in a way that I can stand. That's fun to do, I mean when you find that really great piece and you know you can rock it. But I used to walk down the street just to find shit, that's what I called "shopping". But holy crap, remembering the days of going to Forever 21 with my dad and he would just sit down by the dressing room and give me an hour, those were the days!! Well one, I wasn't paying for it, but two, they had everything to make me look like a Spice Girl, a valley girl, or the tom boy that I used to be back when I'm talking about. So I never left with the English flag printed booty shorts, but I CHOSE my favorite bell bottom jeans and I got to TRY THEM ON AANNNDD find a pair IN MY SIZE!

Yeah, you don't think about that, huh. and wait wait wait right there, if you think I'm dissing vintage shopping , we're talking about a much bigger ballpark that I can't afford, so any piece I want there is out of the question. Seriously, I live in San Francisco, best cheap vintage I can find is on the internet and Thrift Town which is now raising their prices. RIP Thrift Town.

So back to shopping, I just don't want you to think I totally and only endorse corporate shopping, only sometimes cause it's just so fucking affordable. And that's something I'm up the wall jealous about when it comes to these new kid city slickers, rents paid for them as long as they answer mom's call. Jealous moment over.

I am completely happy with my new shoes, my new look and myself. That hardly happens, so it kinda sucks when my buddies look at my like a slut, I'm wearing tights and a midi skirt! So not slutty! And hey, I'm still wearing my kitty cat pentagram t-shirt!

Don't judge me, or I guess in one's words (not mine!) "Don't bro me, if you don't know me". I promise I will never say that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment