Sunday, July 10, 2011

why hello little present to myself


I got his top in the mail yesterday and i was pretty much in it by the time i caught the bus. brian and i went to a craft fair where every two steps you saw the same thing you've seen before. a lot of the same thing. which was disappointing. i really like going to craft fairs because i like to see the diversity of what people are putting out there, and really trying to make something unique rather than recognizing that there is a fad for mustaches right now and making them to sell. Or coming up with some lame bicycle wheel shape as a heart with the letters "i" and "sf" around it. oh god and with the amount of feathers I saw i could make a full on coop of clucking bastards.
i hate to say there was even a guy selling prints on canvas of.......sigh...tape collections. cassette tape collections, there were different types of collections, but all extremely generic. like the cure and the ramones , you know "the basics" b.t.w. fuck the cure, ramones rule.
the whole thing felt over produced, a lot of the vendors were also not very friendly, which I don't like. things i did like .. a couple of my friends were vendors. my friend , Carla who actually lives in my building does embroidery work and cards, so that was pretty cool. and a couple of my buddies were there and i stopped by and said what up to them.
i hate saying that I wasn't very impressed, but it was a pseudo indie mall. in the marina!!!!
i'm going to apply.
it seems like it works, it's expensive but it works. and i'm broke. so how do i do that?
huh. someone buy my clothes for gods sake.
oh wait back to my new present!!!!!! i got this in the mail before the fair which made me really happy because i felt like i had something completely one of a kind, and i got a lot of looks, weather they were bad or not, i don't care.
check out this chick's etsy, she's super sweet and i really like her stuff.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlepinkpocket



No comments:

Post a Comment